Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Race Report: 61 Kartway Race #6

6.4.11 was Race #6 at 61 Kartway. I skipped Race #5 because it was raining all day and nothing sucks worse than watching rain from the garage at the track. They did race, though not very many peeps showed up.

For this race we ran the track in reverse. The “Toilet Bowl” corner really beats the hell out of you but I think reverse is way more fun than the regular direction. Theme of the early year: only 1 other TAG kart showed up, so again we raced with the Formula Yamaha group. Not sure how many more club races I’ll run if this keeps up. Oh wells, at least I won’t be burning money every weekend, just 1 or 2 per month. Ha!

This time they gave the Formula Yahama’s a huge head start so I wouldn’t catch them as fast. I think I caught Dave and Doc battling for 3rd with 2 or 3 laps left. I didn’t want to mess up their race so I put-putted behind them watching the action. Qualified 1st, won the final, and watched some racing up close, cool!

Vid action!
And more helmet cam video from Carter of the previous race:
And I finally got new graphics for this year...ah hell yeah! If I’m not fast at least I’ll look cool going slow. Look good, feel good. Feel good, play good.
Still coming off the let down that was the Route 66 Sprint Series race at Badger Kart Club in Dousman, WI last weekend. I’ll get a report up sometime...

Your friend and my favorite,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment