Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chase for the Championship

Race #14, the final points race at 61 Kartway, has come and gone. I, uh, didn’t race Saturday. I played golf with the guy who signs my checks and went to a party to watch the Hawks beat up on Joe Pa in Happy Valley. Somehow we dodged rain all day. So did the racers. I couldn’t catch 1st place in points anyway and in the famous words of Ricky Bobby “If you’re not first, your last!” Tony Neilson took home the win in TAG Senior. Check out the results below.
The points have been updated and finalized with the drops figured in. Congratulations to the champions and to those that placed so well. Synjun Bauer held on and is the 2009 61 Kartway TAG Senior class champ. I finished the 2009 season on the podium in the TAG Senior class, ending up in 3rd place for the year. I also finished in 2nd place for the special 5 race Rotax class. I’m happy with the results but always gunning for that elusive top spot. Prep has already started for this weekend’s race at MRP!

No comments:

Post a Comment